Saturday, October 4, 2008

I was gone for a minute...

Now I'm back with the jump off...

Excuse me for quoting Lil' Kim... its just the first thing I thought of when I sat down to write. 

So I've been gone for a month but with good intentions I promise.  For those of you who know my mom has Valley Fever.  About three weeks ago she was put in the hospital for five days because her numbers were so high.  She was responding to the treatment very well and they released her a couple days early.  She has since been taken off of work for the next few months and has to go to the hospital three times a week to be hooked up to a machine for about five to six hours a day receiving treatment through an I.V. So that's been about two weeks in the making, and let me be the first to say God is great because the treatment is working.  Her numbers went down from 1:512 to 1:16 I can't believe it.  Oh and regular people like us are at 1:1 or 1:2 so 1:16 is amazing! She is still going to have to finish out her 20,000 milliliters of treatment which puts her to about April, but she's feeling good and I'm feeling good because of it. So that's where I've been for the last month. 

School Started...
School started three weeks ago, which means right after my mom came home from the hospital.  So try having to deal with both of those at the same time.  School is going great.  I'm working hard and am confident I'll be able to boost my GPA this year in time for grad school. Speaking of grad school.  I've decided that I am going to study documentary making in grad school.  So with that decision comes more... I am no long going to be striving for Northridge.  If everything works out, which it will, I'll be headed to the BAY and attending UC Berkeley's J-School.  The program is amazing and exactly what I was looking for.  It's going to be expensive but I know that this is where I'm supposed to be.  Where there's a will there's a way right? So with that being said... I know that I am going to have to bust my ass for the next year and a half so I can get done what I need to get in this program.  So if you don't see me for a while you'll know why... I'll catch you in four years on the small screen. 

with that being said I've got enough work to last me a month to do and only a weekend to do it. I'll be back soon... hopefully. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have the updates and over the FREAKING oon that Maggie is doing better. Send her my love!

Nef.

Anonymous said...

that was supposed 2 be - OVER THE MOON...

Ed The Sports Fan said...

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers, but its good to have you blogging again. Never got an idea of how you felt about Derrick Rose about being a Bull now. Should be an interesting season, get at me!

-Ed.
www.edthesportsfan.com